Kosciusko is at the junction of Farm roads 541 and 1347, twelve miles east of Floresville in southeastern Wilson County.
It was named for Polish General Thaddeus Kosciusko when it was established about 1890 as a rural supply point for Polish and German settlers brought to the area by the San Antonio and Gulf Railroad. In 1900 Frank Nieschwietz operated a store, and the population was twenty-two. A local post office operated from 1906 to 1920, when the mail was ordered to Stockdale. Kosciusko had a population of ten in 1930. Three businesses and a population of forty were reported in 1947. The population was fifty in 1965 and 390 in 1990 and 2000.
Excerpts from Claudia Hazlewood, Handbook of Texas Online